Friday, November 14, 2008

Potzo's Pies

I love pizza joints so it kind of pains me to write this. Potzo's moved into the old Donato's building. You know...the place with no waitstaff where you sat down and had to pick up a greasy phone at your booth or table and call in your order. Well anyway, Potzo's pizza was pretty tasty. The mushrooms were very fresh and the premium pie had a great taste. I wish they would cut the mushrooms and the green peppers in half. The size of the veggies was overwhelming. Never do I want a mouthful of just green pepper. They should be cut down thin enough to cook a little in the relative short time the pizza is inside the oven. We also ordered a half Italian Sub which was very tasty. The menu stated that it comes with two toppings. My wife told our waitress that she would like pepperoni and onions. We were surprised to see an additional charge for the onion on the sandwich. The menu did not make it clear that onion was not considered a topping. I am in love with the concept of the "old fashioned" pizza joint. The atmosphere was quite sterile with little warmth. The place has such potential. Pizza Hut use to have it right in the late seventies with their draft beer, juke box, video games, and warm inviting atmosphere. If I were the owner I would liven up the place with a CD juke box, a pinball machine or two, and try to get a license to sell draft beer. Music would liven up the place and because the food is not bad (just needs a little work) it could be a nice "pizza joint". By the way, our waitress took off the charge for the onions.

My ratings for Potzo's Pies are as follows:

1. Food Quality-3
2. Service-5
3. Atmosphere-2
4. Value- 3
5. Housekeeping- 2

For an overall score of 15. I didn't care for it that much.
Try out Potzo's Pies and judge for yourself.

No comments: